WORDS LIM TECK CHOON
On May 17, 2023. Malaysian digital health and e-prescription provider DOC2US and the Malaysian AIDS Council officially launched the first ever Virtual HIV Clinic in this country.
Associate Professor Dr Raja Iskandar Shah Raja Azwa, President of the Malaysian AIDS Council, said, “It is great to see a significant increase in telemedicine and virtual platforms available for medical consultations for persons with or at risk of HIV post-COVID.”
ABOUT THE VIRTUAL HIV CLINIC
- It provides accessible, equitable, and inclusive healthcare to people living with HIV and key populations through technology, in line with UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 3 (SDG 3).
- It offers free medical consultations on HIV or STD-related matters through teleconsultations with licensed and board-approved doctors.
- Allows PLHIV and key populations to obtain self-test kits, lab test referrals and e-prescriptions for medication.
HOW TO ACCESS THE VIRTUAL HIV CLINIC
Download the DOC2US telehealth app from either the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, Huawei App Gallery, or the DOC2US website (link opens in new tab) for desktop use.
The clinic operates every Wednesday from 1.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
- Alpro Prestige Scholarship Worth RM600K Is Open for Application!
- IJN and Pfizer Shines the Spotlight on a Rare but Deadly Heart Disease
- Advice from a Fertility Specialist on Infertility & Mother’s Day Blues
- Experts Detail the Hidden Threat of Microplastics in Our Environment
- If You Have Diabetes, Here’s What You Need to Know About Muscle Loss
- Doctors Answer Parents’ Burning Questions About Eczema and Children